Send Resume to Taylor.Hull@lifting.com
Sewing Machine Operators (4 Open Positions)
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Put your strengths to work as a sewing machine operator with Safeway Sling USA manufacturing synthetic lifting slings. In this role, you will work as part of team creating and assembling synthetic rigging for industrial lifting applications. In addition to operating machinery, you will learn solid construction and design principles. This is the perfect role for a mechanically inclined, detail-oriented problem solver who is interested in the field of industrial manufacturing.
- Operate and maintain sewing machines and related parts, including needles, presser feet, automatic cutting tools and blades.
- Read and interpret work orders and adjust machines and materials to match, including selecting material, thread, and needles, mounting necessary attachments and double-checking settings before beginning a large production run.
- Inspect and repair finished products as needed and make machine adjustments to compensate for errors or quality issues.
- Record accurately the materials used, maintenance performed, and number of pieces completed during each shift, keeping each of these metrics within target ranges.
- Attach tags to completed product.
- Troubleshoot basic machinery problems and request service or repairs as needed.
- Meet or exceed consistent daily and weekly output and quality goals.
- Must be at least 18 years old to work with industrial machines.
- Good physical (hand/eye) coordination
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some experience with sewing machines
- $15.00 – $17.00 / HR based on experience.
- $500 Signing bonus to be paid after 90 days of employment
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
- $500.00 to be paid upon successful completion of first 90 days of employment.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greendale, WI 53129: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Day Shift